If you’re currently out of work & not in education or training – read on!
ON- LINE COURSES
West Suffolk College:
- Online short courses for age 16+ Courses take 4-8 hours to complete. Various topics available including care, mental health, first aid, business, food safety, sexual health awareness and customer service. There are no costs for NEET young people during the present crisis.
- If interested, contact Elizabeth Ginno, Justine Rice or Madaline Day (details below) and they will help set you up via Liz Creasy at the college.
- GAPs Study programme (for age 16-18 NEET young people): covers maths, English, customer service, employability, personal and social development.
- Course delivery is now online with telephone contact from tutors & possible group chat for the class.
- Lessons Monday – Wednesday lesson at 10am and 1.30pm, Thursday and Friday self- study.
- Currently any referrals will be added to a waiting list.
- Email Tyrone Bradnam: email@example.com 07720 090215
1st Care Training:
- Introductory course for care work for NEET young people, age 15-24: for those interested in diverse roles in a care environment such as cleaning, admin, catering, various care settings such as learning disabilities, activities co-ordinators etc.
- Courses takes approx 5-6 weeks but will depend on individual learners.
- Course delivery is via email/posting work to students. Telephone support from the tutor.
- Gain a City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care and Childcare.
- Email Jake Finney for referrals Jakefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry to Construction: a free 1 week course that should lead to taking the CSCS Card test once centres are open.
- You will need a gmail account as the programme is delivered in Google, a birth certificate or passport and evidence that you are NEET. (Liz, Justine Or Madaline can help with this by providing a letter – contact details below).
- For more information, contact Robbie Adams on 0300 320 1465
- Online Princes Trust Achieve modules: range of topics such as interpersonal skills, managing money, team work, healthy lifestyle.
- Two units can achieve an accredited Level 1 Award in Personal Development and Employability from The Prince’s Trust. No set start date.
- Online Games Design Course: next start date 25th May for age 11-15 year olds!!
- For more information contact Peter Hennessey: email@example.com
Cambridge Regional College (CRC):
- Explore Business Online: a 3 week course to introduce you to the business & customer service skills employers are looking for!
- Also covers basic maths & English and will give you the opportunity to gain a Level 1 in Business Admin, Customer Service and Personal & Social Development.
- Start dates: 1st & 29th June. 9.30am – 2.30pm, Monday – Friday.
- To apply, register details via the link above or, for more information: 07989 227515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offers a range of free courses for NEET young people in English, maths, music, sports coaching, hospitality, construction, health and social care and landscaping and gardening.
- Courses can be tailored to fit your interests and needs!
- For more information, contact Simon Gunton on 07885 706456 or email email@example.com
- Functional Skills: daily lessons to help you learn & apply practical Maths and English skills to real-life and vocational contexts such as college courses in construction, catering, childcare and engineering.
WORK AND VOLUNTEERING
Vacancies at the moment are mainly in industries such as health and social care, warehousing, supermarket/retail.
- Volunteer Suffolk: currently advertising Covid-19 roles!
- NCS: programmes are being altered because of Covid 19! Please see link for more info.
- NEET support 1-2-1 for age 15-24 year olds to work towards education, employment and training opportunities.
- Digital advice & guidance support currently on offer.
One Step Closer:
- This service is for age 16-24 years. Currently support offered digitally to work towards education, employment and training opportunities.
- For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One Haverhill Youth Skills:
- For skills related guidance & support in Haverhill please contact Karen or Dan: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or text: 07463 149045
- Visit our SKILLS page for more local training & apprenticeships info!
Early Help Teams, Suffolk County Council:
- Offering support for potential NEET / NEET young people in Year 11 or age 16-18.
- Currently support is via telephone, videocall, text and email.
- Help can be around education and training as well as other barriers that could prevent a young person moving on in their lives.
- For more information, contact Elizabeth Ginno, Justine Rice or Madaline Day (see below for details):